For more information on GEOS and instructions on scheduling a GEOS SOS test, please see this article: What is GEOS (IERCC) SOS?
To enable the GEOS SOS service on your Iridium GO! exec, you will need to perform the following:
The Iridium GO! exec offers a programmable SOS button that can be used to notify a specified
personal contact or a commercial safety service provider in the event of an emergency. You must
properly configure the SOS settings via the Iridium GO! exec application.
If not configured, the device will warn the user to configure, as SOS cannot be initiated if setup is
not completed, and you will not be able to use the SOS button.
Once configured, an SOS can be initiated either from the Iridium GO! exec by opening the SOS
cover and pressing the SOS physical button, or from the SOS icon on the User Interface (UI)
on the Iridium GO! exec and/or from the Iridium GO! exec application on smart device by pressing
the SOS icon when paired to the Iridium GO! exec.
An SOS initiated by pressing the SOS button on the Iridium GO! exec or via the SOS icon on the device UI will start a two-way hands-free voice call from the device using the device
speaker and microphone (mic). An SOS initiated from the Iridium GO! exec application will
also provide two-way voice communication from the application on the smart device with
the designated contact.
IERCC Safety Services
To support the SOS feature, Iridium has contracted with IERCC Travel Safety Group to provide an
emergency response coordination service for your Iridium GO! exec at no additional charge. These
services are offered and provided exclusively by IERCC and not by Iridium, which is a separate,
unrelated company. Standard airtime charges will apply to SOS calls to the IERCC; a valid Iridium
SIM subscription and online registration at https://my-geos.com/registration is required.
Configuring SOS Settings
IMPORTANT: You must configure the SOS feature in order for the SOS to make an emergency call to
a designated Call Recipient. Failure to configure the SOS feature will result in no call being sent when the SOS button is pressed.
Use the Settings menu in the Iridium GO! exec application to configure SOS while paired to the
Iridium GO! exec. Only one SOS emergency contact setting can be stored per Iridium GO! exec,
so multiple users will all share the same SOS settings. It is important to plan accordingly. The SOS
settings will provide the option to use or not use the IERCC service.
To use IERCC service:
1. You must first register at https://my-geos.com/registration from a web browser on your
computer or smart device.
NOTE: To register, you will need your Iridium line 1 phone number (Please refer to the device
information under the settings menu for the line 1 phone number) and Iridium GO! exec IMEI
(shown on the device label on the base of the Iridium GO! exec).
2. After registration, access SOS Settings on the Iridium GO! exec app, select Use IERCC, and
enter the 5-digit authorization code provided by IERCC, then Submit.
3. If successful, your SOS settings will appear, and the SOS action is set to Call for the IERCC
4. Once completed, store your SOS settings on the Iridium GO! exec device:
a. For iOS: select Save
b. For Android: navigate Back, then Save
To decline IERCC service and configure designated personal emergency contacts:
1. Select Do Not Use in the SOS Settings on your app to decline IERCC service.
2. Enter the number for your SOS Call Recipient. It is important that the number is entered in the
correct international format with the international access code (+ or 00), country code, and
phone number for proper routing.
SOS Test with a Personal Contact:
1. Make sure the device is Registered on the Iridium network.
2. Go to Settings: Device Settings: Admin settings menu on your Iridium GO! exec application.
3. Select SOS Settings.
4. Select Personal Emergency Contact, enter contact details and Save.
5. Go outside, find a clear view of the sky away from trees and buildings.
6. Press the SOS button. Your test call will be directed to your personal contact.
7. Your test call is complete!
Important: If your preferred Emergency Contact is the Personal Contact you just called, you are all set! If your preferred SOS option is IERCC, go in the Settings and set up IERCC (instructions above).
Important: The Iridium phones are pre-programmed to default to IERCC out of the box. We strongly recommend that:
• You do not push the SOS button without registering the Iridium GO! exec device.
• You do not test without following the procedure described above.