NOTE: Creating and editing custom Web/App Profiles requires some networking and firewalling knowledge. The following sections assumes the reader has some base knowledge in these areas.
Profile configuration settings (IE; port numbers, protocol type, etc) required for apps to operate must be requested from the app/service providers. Our customer service team does not have access to this information.
Each profile can be configured as follows:
DNS blocking enable/disable
Rule policy (Allow All Except or Block All Except)
Profile rules IP address or Domain with wildcards
Profile rule: port (single, range, all)
Protocols (TCP, UDP or both)
User defined Web/App Profiles shall be retained when the device is reset.
User defined Web/App Profiles shall be deleted when the device is factory reset.
Creating and Managing Custom Web/App Profiles
From the Application setting: Device Settings menu choose Web/App Profiles to see the full list of
predefined profiles and user defined profiles.
• Press the ‘+’ button in the top right corner to add a new profile.
o Provide a name and description for the profile.
o Use the Rule policy to set if the rules will allow or block the traffic
o Use the + button in the Profile Rules section to add rules to the profile.
o Each rule added needs to define
- An IP address (or range) or a domain.
- A set of ports to be allowed or blocked.
- Whether the rule impacts TCP, UDP or both types of traffic.
• Up to 20 rules can be defined in any profile.
• Up to 10 user defined profiles can be added.
Additional Notes for Custom Profile Creation
o If Enabled DNS queries from LAN clients will NOT be passed to the satellite network.
o If Disabled DNS queries from LAN clients will be passed to the satellite network.
o ‘Allow All except Filters’ = Blacklist - Allow all traffic except the traffic defined in the rules
o ‘Block All Except Filters’ = Whitelist - Block all traffic except the traffic defined in the rules.
o Rule IP Address/Domain Name = A single IP address or domain including wildcards. eg
18.104.22.168 or 201.130.12.* or *.facebook.com
o Rule Port = Any port (or range) within the standard ports 0-65535.
o Web/App rules can be deleted and copied. Swipe left on the rule to show the ‘Delete’ and ‘Copy’ actions
o The predefined Web/App Profiles cannot be edited or deleted
o User defined Web/App Profiles can be:
- Created: Use the ‘+’ button to add a new profile
- Edited: Touch the ‘>’ icon on the Web/App Profile list to edit an existing user defined profile.
- Deleted: Swipe left on the Profile name in the profile list to show the ‘Delete’ and ‘Copy’ actions