Emergency mode (SOS button)
IMPORTANT: You must configure the Emergency Mode in order for the SOS button to call a designated Call Recipient. Failure to configure the SOS button will result in no call being placed when the SOS button is pressed. This could prevent or delay an emergency response and result in serious injury or death. SEE: Iridium GO! exec - Configure and Set Up SOS
There are 3 ways to generate/trigger an SOS:
- From the exec Device UI touch screen
- Via the physical SOS button on the exec device
- From a smartphone connected to the Iridium GO! exec app
SOS from Device UI
Selecting the SOS icon on the device home screen will display the SOS trigger screen on the Device. Press and hold the SOS button for at least 3 sec. The Device will begin to play the pending countdown timer and show the countdown on the screen.
During the countdown period the SOS event may be cancelled without alerting the designated Emergency Service Provider (ESP). If the call was unsuccessful, the user will get an option to redial (or to cancel).
The user can then use the device microphone and speaker to converse with the emergency
SOS via device physical SOS button
The Device user can also start an SOS event by pressing and holding the physical SOS button for at least one second. The Device will begin to play the pending countdown timer and show the countdown on the screen.
NOTE: When triggering an SOS event via the physical SOS button, the Device can be on or off. If the Iridium GO! exec is off, it will first power up and then continue to start the SOS event. When the countdown time expires, the SOS will enter the active phase and begin dialing the designated ESP.
SOS via the Iridium GO! exec app
NOTE: If an SOS is already active, the Iridium GO! exec App will not allow another to be started.
1. Select the SOS tab from the bottom tab bar.
2. Press and hold the SOS button until the countdown ring expires.
3. The Iridium GO! exec will then show a pending screen with a timer.
4. If you wish to abort the SOS event without making contact with your designated Emergency Service Provider (ESP) you can press cancel prior to the pending timer expiring.
5. Once the pending timer expires, the Iridium GO! exec will display the outgoing call screen indicating:
• The contact details of the ESP you have configured
• Your current location
The Iridium GO! exec App will automatically initiate an outbound call to your designated ESP. The ESP operator will assist you with your emergency. When they ask for your location, please tell them the Latitude and Longitude numbers shown on the screen.
Terminating the call will show the SOS active screen.
NOTE: Terminating the SOS call does not cancel the SOS event.
The SOS active screen allows you to redial your ESP or cancel the SOS event.
You can also access any other feature at this time.
The SOS event will remain active as signified by the red top banner until cancelled.
While the Iridium GO! exec is in the active SOS event and the Iridium GO! exec has an outbound call to the ESP, it will show the current latitude and longitude (so the Device user can relay this to the ESP).
The Device user can only end the current call to the ESP from this screen.
NOTE: The SOS event remains active even after the call to the ESP is concluded. To close an active SOS event, the user must explicitly select the “Cancel SOS” button on the device or in the SOS tab of the app.
Device touchscreen during an SOS event:
IMPORTANT: If the user is in the United States or Australia, they can also dial 911 or 000 emergency number, respectively, whether they have a valid SIM card or not.
1. To ensure the SOS call reaches the emergency contact, triggering SOS voice call shall terminate all non-SOS voice calls in progress on line 1 and/or line 2 to allow the SOS call to get through. The SOS call shall only use line 1.
2. The user cannot initiate a new emergency call while an SOS call is in progress.
3. To ensure the user safety, initiating an emergency call such as calling 911 or 000 shall terminate all non emergency voice calls in progress on line 1 and/or line 2 to allow the emergency call to go through. The emergency call shall use line 1 or line 2.
Cancelling an SOS
SOS event can be cancelled from:
- The Iridium GO! exec touchscreen UI
- The physical SOS button on the exec device
- The Iridium GO! exec app on a smart device connected to the exec device.
Cancel from the Iridium GO! exec app:
You can navigate back to the SOS active screen at any time by selecting the SOS tab in the bottom tab bar of the app.
NOTE: There are two ways the Iridium GO! exec App signifies an active SOS event
• The Title bar will be displayed in RED (normally it is white text on a black background)
• The SOS tab in the bottom tab bar will have a red dot next to it.
Cancel from Device touchscreen UI:
To cancel the SOS event, the Iridium GO! exec user must explicitly cancel the SOS via the Cancel button on the SOS active screen.
Cancel from Physical SOS button:
To cancel the SOS event, press and hold the physical SOS button for at least one second. The Iridium GO! exec will display the SOS active screen. The SOS can be cancelled by pressing the Cancel button: