Follow the instructions below if you are unable to send text messages using the Iridium 9555 or Iridium Extreme handset.
Solution 1: Re-enter the service center number
- Press Menu
- Scroll to Messages, and press Select
- Scroll to Settings, and press Select
- Scroll to Service Center, and press Select
- Clear the entered number
- Enter 00881662900005, and press OK
- Take the phone outside and position the antenna towards the sky
- Once registered to the network, send a test text message and verify it has been sent and received by the recipient.
Solution 2: Check dialing pattern
- When prompted for the recipient number, press and hold the 0 key until the + appears
- Dial the country code, area code and phone number
- Example: + (country code)(area code/city code)(phone number)
- Example: + 1 206 329 1947