Follow the instructions below if you are unable to place a call using the Inmsarsat IsatPhone 2 handset.
Step 1: Network Registration
1. Rotate the antenna on the IsatPhone 2 so it is pointing towards the sky with no overhead obstructions, facing towards the general direction of the Equator.
2. Press and hold the red power key on the keypad until the screen lights up.
3. The handset will display signal and begin searching for the network.
4. The handset will display Ready for service once registration has completed.
Note: Inmarsat satellites are geostationary and do not change location. The satellites are positioned across the Equator therefore you will need to ensure you are facing the satellite from your region. If you do not face the right direction you will not register to the network. The signal indicator will show signal strength bars. If it does not, turn 90 degrees to the right and continue doing so until you have achieved signal gain.
Step 2: Place a call
1. Press and hold the 0 key until the + appears on the display
2. Dial the country code, area code and phone number
- Example: + (country code)(area code/city code)(phone number)
- Example: + 1 206 329 1947
3. Press the Green button to initiate the outgoing call.