To set up SMS based tracking on the Iridium GO! please follow the steps below.
The Iridium GO! allows you to enable tracking using time-based intervals. Your latitude and longitude will be sent to one recipient by email or SMS. Follow the instructions below for assistance on how to use tracking with the Iridium GO! Standard SMS rates will apply to each tracking message sent from your device.
1. Take the GO outdoors and power on the Iridium GO! Unit by raising the swivel antenna towards an open view of the Sky.
2. Place your iOS or Android device into airplane mode, with Wi-Fi enabled.
3. Connec to the Iridium GO! Device’s Wi-Fi network. xx: Iridium-123456
4. Open the Iridium GO! App on your phone or tablet and log into the app. The default user name and password for the Iridium GO! app. By default the username and password is: guest
5. Tap Settings from the main menu.
6. Tap Track from the device Settings.
7. Tap Tracking Frequency then select an interval (Note: Each track sent out is charged as an SMS).
8. Tap Tracking Recipient and enter a phone number for SMS (using the international format of + followed by country code, area code, and phone number) or an email address.
9. Save the changes when finished by tapping Save at the top of the page.
The Iridium GO! will now begin tracking. Tracking can be disabled by performing the same steps and selecting No Update interveral under the Tracking Frequency menu.