The purpose of the article is to give a quick checklist for setting up the Iridium GO! for operation. For complete setup instructions please reference your manual or our more detailed knowledge base articles. You can find the Quick start guide and User manual for the Iridium GO! by clicking HERE! You can also find a video tutorial by clicking HERE!
SET UP IRIDIUM GO!
- Insert SIM
- Insert battery
- Plug in and charge the Iridium GO!
DOWNLOAD AND SET UP THE IRIDIUM GO! APP
- Go to the Apple or Android App Store using high-speed internet (Wi-Fi/LTE) and download the Iridium GO! app on your smart device.
- Turn on the Iridium GO! device, by flipping the antenna up
- Go to Settings on your smart device
- Go to Wi-Fi Networks
- Click on “IRDM-XXXX” (Iridium GO!’s Wi-Fi name)
- Your smart device is now connected to the Iridium GO!’s Wi-Fi.
- Go to the Iridium GO! App
- Enter Login details: username and password are both “guest” by default
- (Optional) Go to Settings to set up SOS. To enable emergency services, you must first visit the GEOS website and complete your registration at: www.geosalliance.com/iridium.
- (Optional) Go to Settings to set up Tracking.
DOWNLOAD AND SET UP THE IRIDIUM MAIL APP
Note: To set up the Iridium Mail app, you need to use high speed internet (Wi-Fi/LTE)
- Go to the Apple or Android App Store and download the Iridium Mail app on your smart device.
- Go to https://www.iridium.com/mailandweb/ to register for your unique Iridium email.
- Go to Iridium Mail App
- Log in with your registered Username and Password.
- (Optional) Go to Settings
- Select Social Media
- For Twitter posting: Turn on Twitter option and follow instructions on screen.
ENSURE ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO
- Make a phone CALL on the Iridium GO! App.
- Note: Use full international dialing sequence (00 followed by the country code and phone number)
- Send an SMS via the Iridium GO! App.
- Note: Use full international dialing sequence.
- (Optional) Send QUICK GPS to ensure you are receiving regular TRACKING updates on the Iridium GO! App
- Send/Receive emails to your new <username>@myiridium.net email address on the Iridium Mail App.
- (Optional) Post a TWEET using your Iridium Mail App.
- Note: Outgoing tweets get stored in your Spool/Outbox folder in Mail and require a Send/Receive sync to push them out.
PROVIDE YOUR IRIDIUM DETAILS TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Provide your friends and family with your Iridium +8816 number.
Note: All calls to this number would be considered as an international call and will be billed to the caller accordingly at their long-distance rate by their telephone service provider.
Provide your friends and family with your Iridium email address <username>@myiridium.net.
If you need assistance setting up your Iridium GO!, please contact BlueCosmo.