The purpose of the article is to give a quick checklist for setting up the Iridium GO! for operation. For complete setup instructions please reference your manual or our more detailed knowledge base articles.
SET UP IRIDIUM GO!
- Insert SIM
- Insert battery
- Plug in and charge the Iridium GO!
DOWNLOAD AND SET UP THE IRIDIUM GO! APP
- Go to the Apple or Android App Store using high-speed internet (Wi-Fi/LTE) and download the Iridium GO! app on your smart device.
- Turn on the Iridium GO! device, by flipping the antenna up
- Go to Settings on your smart device
- Go to Wi-Fi Networks
- Click on “IRDM-XXXX” (Iridium GO!’s Wi-Fi name)
- Your smart device is now connected to the Iridium GO!’s Wi-Fi.
- Go to the Iridium GO! App
- Enter Login details: username and password are both “guest” by default
- (Optional) Go to Settings to set up SOS. To enable emergency services, you must first visit the GEOS website and complete your registration at: www.geosalliance.com/iridium.
- (Optional) Go to Settings to set up Tracking.
DOWNLOAD AND SET UP THE IRIDIUM MAIL APP
Note: To set up the Iridium Mail app, you need to use high speed internet (Wi-Fi/LTE)
- Go to the Apple or Android App Store and download the Iridium Mail app on your smart device.
- Go to https://www.iridium.com/mailandweb/ to register for your unique Iridium email.
- Go to Iridium Mail App
- Log in with your registered Username and Password.
- (Optional) Go to Settings
- Select Social Media
- For Twitter posting: Turn on Twitter option and follow instructions on screen.
ENSURE ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO
- Make a phone CALL on the Iridium GO! App.
- Note: Use full international dialing sequence (00 followed by the country code and phone number)
- Send an SMS via the Iridium GO! App.
- Note: Use full international dialing sequence.
- (Optional) Send QUICK GPS to ensure you are receiving regular TRACKING updates on the Iridium GO! App
- Send/Receive emails to your new <username>@myiridium.net email address on the Iridium Mail App.
- (Optional) Post a TWEET using your Iridium Mail App.
- Note: Outgoing tweets get stored in your Spool/Outbox folder in Mail and require a Send/Receive sync to push them out.
PROVIDE YOUR IRIDIUM DETAILS TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Provide your friends and family with your Iridium +8816 number.
Note: All calls to this number would be considered as an international call and will be billed to the caller accordingly at their long-distance rate by their telephone service provider.
Provide your friends and family with your Iridium email address <username>@myiridium.net.
If you need assistance setting up your Iridium GO!, please contact BlueCosmo.