Follow the instructions below to update the firmware on the Iridium GO! to version 2.1.8
Firmware update 2.1.8 includes
Support for SBD applications developed specifically for the GO!
SMS Memory full issue due to large (more than 1000 characters) - fixed
Connected clients doesn't reset when Wi-Fi powered off - fixed
To Complete an Update
1. Download the firmware file by clicking HERE
2. Unzip the downloaded firmware file to your Desktop.
3. Power on the Iridium GO! by flipping up the antenna.
4. Wait for the device to fully boot.
5. Connect to the Iridium GO! Wi-Fi network, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer. Example Iridium GO! SSID: IRIDIUM-12345.
6. Open a web browser and type in the following IP address into the address bar: 192.168.0.1.
7. After a few moments a login screen will appear. Login into the unit using the username and password. The default username and password is 'guest'
NOTE: The screenshots below will reference an older version of firmware. Please ignore the version number. The steps are still accurate.
8. From the main page, click on the System tab.
9. Click on the Choose File button.
10. Navigate to the location you saved the firmware file. Select the firmware file you downloaded earlier, the file name should be "maxwell-2.1.8.frm"
11. Once the file has been selected, click on the Upgrade button.
12. The progress bar will start to count to 100%. The upgrade will take up to 15 minutes to complete.
13. Once the firmware update reaches 100% the Iridium GO! will reboot and then be ready for use.