Follow the instructions below to update the firmware on the Iridium GO! to version 1.5.2.
Iridium has released Iridium GO! firmware version 1.5.2 that provides the following updates:
- Improvement in the communication speed over an internet connection
- Addition of UTC time with periodic tracking message
- Support for a new GPS chip in the GO! devices with hardware version #4B or greater
- Previous updates and improvements in earlier firmware versions.
1. Download the firmware file by clicking HERE
2. Unzip the downloaded firmware file to your Desktop.
3. Power on the Iridium GO! by flipping up the antenna.
4. Wait for the device to fully boot.
5. Connect to the Iridium GO! Wi-Fi network, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer. Example Iridium GO! SSID: IRIDIUM-12345.
6. Open a web browser and type in the following IP address into the address bar: 192.168.0.1.
7. After a few moments a login screen will appear. Login into the unit using the username and password. The default username and password is 'guest'
NOTE: The screenshots below will reference an older version of firmware. Please ignore the version number. The steps are still accurate.
8. From the main page, click on the System tab.
9. Click on the Choose File button.
10. Navigate to the location you saved the firmware file. Select the firmware file you downloaded earlier, the file name should be "IridiumGO_Portal_upgrade_1_5_2.frm"
11. Once the file has been selected, click on the Upgrade button.
12. The progress bar will start to count to 100%. The upgrade will take up to 15 minutes to complete.
13. Once the firmware update reaches 100% the Iridium GO! will reboot and then be ready for use.