Follow the instructions below for assistance on how to insert a SIM card into an Iridium Extreme handset.
Solution: Inserting SIM card
- Remove the battery by twisting the D-ring screw counter clockwise then remove the battery from the handset by pulling forward. See the diagram below for additional assistance
- Unlock the SIM card door by sliding it to upwards
- Take note on the position of the cut corner while still inserted in the slot.
- Lift the SIM card door
- Insert SIM card into SIM card door
- Ensure the cut corner of the SIM card is aligned with the cut corner on the handset
- Close SIM card door
- Slide the SIM card door downwards to lock it in place
- Insert the battery from the bottom first then twist the D-ring screw clockwise to lock it in place
- Firmly press on the center of the battery to ensure it is properly seated
- Press and hold power button
- The handset will power on and begin to search for the Iridium network
Watch the video below for assistance with installing the SIM into the Iridium Extreme handset.