Follow the instructions below to setup your Hughes 9202M BGAN terminal and connect to the Inmarsat satellite network.
Note: These instructions require you have either an active Prepaid or Postpaid BGAN SIM card.
1. Open your package and remove the BGAN terminal and battery.
2. Remove the punch out portion of you SIM card and insert it into SIM slot in the battery compartment. The SIM will click into place when inserted correctly.
3. Insert the battery and secure it with the latch.
4. Place the unit outdoors and position the unit so the front of the terminal pointed towards the Equator. Press the red power button near the terminal display to begin the connection process.
Note: Inmarsat satellites are geostationary and do not change location. The satellites are located at the equator, the front of the terminal must be pointed in the direction of the Equator.
5. The terminal will take a few moments to power up and initialize. After initialization, the terminal will attempt to get a GPS fix. This will be displayed on the LCD display above the battery level indicator. Once a GPS fix is attained, the terminal will enter Pointing Mode. The signal strength level will be indicated by a numerical value on the LCD display. The optimal range for successful connection is between 50-54Db.
6. Once you find a stable signal level and are ready to connect, hold the cancel/back button to the left of the LCD display for 3 seconds. The unit will now attempt to register to the satellite network.
7. Once registration completes, the terminal will display Ready. At this point you will be able to connect a phone to place voice calls or complete a data session using the wired or wireless network.