Firmware version HL18005 contains the following enhancements for the Iridium 9575 Extreme handset:
- Resolved an issue wherein when the user attempted to enter the SMS menu when the outbox on the SIM was full the handset would reboot.
- Enhanced GPS receiver performance when handset is powered from external sources including docking stations.
- Addressed an issue where channel assignments were inadvertently being discarded in some situations thereby improving overall handset performance.
- Modified battery charging algorithm to ensure compliance with battery specifications.
Before upgrading, perform the following steps to check your firmware version:
1. Power on the phone.
2. Scroll down to "Setup."
3. Scroll down to "Phone Information."
4. If the version is below HL18005 you can proceed with the upgrade.
5. If the version field is blank or looks like "HLXXXX" you can proceed with the upgrade as well.
The firmware update instructions may be downloaded here: Iridium Extreme Software Release Note - HL18005 (PDF)
The firmware update tool may be downloaded here: Iridium Extreme Software Upgrade HL18005 Installer (EXE)