Please review the information below to update the firmware on the OCENS Sidekick Satellite Wi-Fi Router.
NOTE: This is not a mandatory update, but it is strongly recommended for additional security and some new features. You will need a computer with an ethernet port and an ethernet cable in order to conduct the firmware update yourself.
Included in the Firmware update:
- Enhances and tightens firewall protection with the latest security modules
- Extends firewall protection to new satellite devices
- Enables personal passwords
- Eases the selection of data access portals of our popular data partners from a simple-to-use drop down list
- Adds the OCENSWeb channel to the set of directly supported Sidekick services
- Tightens the integration of the OCENS SnapTrack tracking service with Sidekick-supported broadband devices and
- Presents a fresh, new, and easily navigated user interface.
The Firmware update file and instructions can be found here: https://www.ocens.com/sidekick_firmware_upgrade.html