Firmware version HT18001 contains the following enhancements for the Iridium 9555 handset:
- Initial production release for the Iridium 9555N.
- Addressed an issue where channel assignments were inadvertently being discarded in some situations thereby improving overall handset performance.
- Modified battery charging algorithm to ensure compliance with battery specifications.
Before upgrading, perform the following steps to check your firmware version:
1. Power on the phone.
2. Scroll down to "Setup."
3. Scroll down to "Phone Information."
4. If the version is below HT18001 you can proceed with the upgrade.
5. If the version field is blank or looks like "HTXXXX" you can proceed with the upgrade as well.
All non-volatile user information in the handset will be erased when upgrading an Iridium 9555 handset from software versions earlier than release candidate HT14004. This includes for example the phonebook entries and lifetime use counters. This section is not applicable to handsets that have already been upgraded to HT15002 or later and performed the datastore reformat as described below.
After the upgrade from HT14004 or earlier is complete the user must reformat the datastore file system to make it compatible with HT18001. To do this, the user must navigate to the idle screen and enter the short code *#323#. The handset will then reboot.
The update instructions may be downloaded here: Iridium 9555 Software Release Note - HT18001 (PDF)
The update tool may be downloaded here: Iridium 9555 Software Upgrade HT18001 Installer (EXE)