Firmware version HT15002 contains the following enhancements for the Iridium 9555 handset:
- Calls to the emergency services number “000” are now permitted when no SIM card is present in the handset.
- Added necessary conversions for display of time on user interface in Iridium network era 2 and other era detection and transition improvements.
- Corrected an issue that would arise when the handset was transmitting and receiving text messages at the same time.
This is an optional update and is not manditory. This update may be required in the future should an Iridium 3rd party VAR equipment manufacturer require it.
Before upgrading, perform the following steps to check your firmware version:
1. Power on the phone.
2. Scroll down to "Setup."
3. Scroll down to "Phone Information."
4. If the version is below HT15002 you can proceed with the upgrade.
5. If the version field is blank or looks like "HTXXXX" you can proceed with the upgrade as well.
NOTE: You will need to format the address book once the update has been completed by entering the code *#323# and then the green call button. This will erase any entries in your phonebook. If the code is not entered the address book will not function. Be sure to read the instructions that are included in the firmware file.
The file and instructions can be found here: http://support.roadpost.com/downloads/files/27