Follow the instructions below to obtain a data connection on the Inmarsat Satellite Network with the ISavi ISatHub Terminal.
1. With the SIM card inserted, power on the iSavi terminal and tilt the antenna portion of the terminal up. Point the antenna in the general direction of the Equator.
2. Once the terminal is fully powered on the arrows on the antenna should be blinking or solid green. Solid green arrows will indicate you are well aimed to the satellite, a blinking arrow indicates you need to change the tilt or rotation of the antenna.
3. If you have not installed the iOS or Android version of the IsatHub Control app to your phone or tablet, do so at this time. The Android Version of the App may be downloaded in the Google Play Store or Amazon. The iOS app is available in the Apple App Store.
4. Connect your phone or tablet to the iSavi WiFi Network. The default network name (SSID) and password are located on the label on the back of the antenna. Please note that if the tablet or phone you are using has a cellular connection you must first put the device into airplane mode, then turn WiFi on and then connect to the iSavi. Using the iSavi with an active cellular connection may cause errors on some phones and tablets.
5. Open the IsatHub Control app and log in. The default login as admin with a password of 1234 or 123456
6. If you have not completed the initial setup you will be prompted to configure your device, follow the onscreen prompts. For configuration help please consult your iSavi manual.
7. The control app will display the main connection screen. The signal strength will display a number. A low number and red color on the meter will not allow for a connection. An orange color will indicate a marginal signal, it will more than likely allow a connection if the signal is greater than 40dB. Green signal with a signal greater than 46dB should be considered the lowest signal strength for a connection. To increase the signal strength try making slight adjustments to the tilt and rotation of the antenna
8. Once you have sufficient signal strength tap the Connect to Network button, the request will process and display a screen showing the connection is made, the signal and the battery
8. To complete the data connection tap on the Connect data button. The data session will start. Note: Once connected the data you will be used will be charged according to your plan.
9. Once connected you may use the standard apps on your phone, tablet or other device connected to the iSavi WiFi network. Once you have completed your data session tap on the Disconnect data button to stop the session and stop the billing.