The instructions below will assist you with updating the time settings of your Iridium 9555 & Extreme due to the Iridium network time change/re-epoch calibration.
Note: The planned epoch time change on March 3, 2015 will have no impact to service availability, the ability to successfully complete phone calls, SMS messages, or establish data services. However, the displayed time and date will revert to December 29, 2007, 7:26:29 UTC and will progress on this baseline until phone settings are adjusted to the new Iridium epoch time.
Please be advised, these instructions should completed after March 3, 2015 in order to display the correct date and time.
Solution: Restore Time Settings for Iridium 9555 & Iridium Extreme
1. Dial *#99#2014051114235500#
2. Press the green key
3. Power off handset
4. Power on handset
5. Allow handset to register to the network
6. Handset will now display the correct time
Note: If the time displayed is incorrect, check your time zone settings by proceeding with the following
7. Press Menu
8. Scroll to Setup and press Select
9. Scroll to Time & Date and press Select
10. Scroll to Select Time Zone and press Select
11. Choose the desired UTC time zone and press Select
12. Handset will now display the correct time