SET UP IRIDIUM GO!
- Insert SIM
- Insert battery
- Plug in and charge the Iridium GO!®
DOWNLOAD AND SET UP THE IRIDIUM GO! APP
- Go to the iOS/Android App Store using high-speed internet (Wi-Fi/LTE) and download the Iridium GO! app on your smart device.
Turn on the Iridium GO! device, by flipping the antenna up
Go to Settings on your smart device
- Go to Wi-Fi Networks
- Click on “IRDM-XXXX” (Iridium GO!’s Wi-Fi name)
- Your smart device is now connected to the Iridium GO!’s Wi-Fi.
Go to the Iridium GO! App:
Enter Login details: username and password are both “guest” by default
- Go to Settings to set up SOS. To enable emergency services, you must first visit the GEOS website and complete your registration at: www.geosalliance.com/iridium.
Go to Settings to set up Tracking.
Success! You’ve now completed the Iridium GO! App setup.
DOWNLOAD AND SET UP THE IRIDIUM MAIL APP
Note: To set up the Iridium Mail app, you need to use high-speed internet (Wi-Fi/LTE)
- Go to the iOS/Android App Store and download the Iridium Mail app on your smart device.
- Go to https://www.iridium.com/mailandweb/ to register for your unique Iridium email.
Go to Iridium Mail App
- Log in with your registered Username and Password.
Go to Settings
- Select Social Media
- For Twitter posting: Turn on Twitter option and follow instructions on screen.
ENSURE ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO
Make a phone CALL on the Iridium GO! App.
Note: Use full international dialing sequence (00+ country code + phone number)
Send an SMS via the Iridium GO! App.
Note: Use full international dialing sequence.
- Send QUICK GPS to ensure you are receiving regular TRACKING updates on the Iridium GO! App
- Send/Receive emails to your new email@example.com email address on the Iridium Mail App.
- Post a TWEET using your Iridium Mail App. Note: Outgoing tweets get stored in your Spool/Outbox folder in Mail and require a Send/Receive sync to push them out.
PROVIDE YOUR IRIDIUM DETAILS TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Provide your friends and family with your Iridium +8816 number.
Note: All calls to this number would be considered as an international call and will be billed to the caller accordingly at their long-distance rate by their telephone service provider.
Note: If you expect incoming calls from the United States, consider registering for a +1 number that will allow friends and family in the U.S. to call your satellite phone number at domestic rates. For more information on how to obtain a +1 number, contact your Service Provider.
- Provide your friends and family with your Iridium email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide your friends and family with this webpage: https://messaging.iridium.com/, so they can send free SMS messages to your Iridium number.