Here you will find the basic setup instructions and checklist for the Iridium GO! exec. Please read through each step and watch the Device Setup video at the bottom.
All users are highly encouraged to read through the Quick Start Guide before getting started. To understand all the extensive features of the Iridium GO! exec, the FAQ and full User Manual must be read.
SET UP IRIDIUM GO! exec
- Insert SIM
- Plug in and charge the Iridium GO! exec
DOWNLOAD AND SET UP THE IRIDIUM GO! exec APP
- Go to the iOS/Android App Store using high-speed internet (Wi-Fi/LTE) and download the Iridium GO! exec app on your smart device. (This is NOT the same as the original 'Iridium GO!' app).
Turn on the Iridium GO! exec device, by flipping the antenna up OR holding the touch power button:
- Ensure WIFI and Bluetooth are enabled on your mobile device
- Tap the 'Settings' (cog) icon on the Iridium GO! exec screen > Tap 'Show Wi-Fi access credentials'.
- Open the Iridium GO! exec app and scan the QR code to connect to the device.
Go to Settings on your smart device
- Go to Wi-Fi Networks
- Click on “Iridium-XXXXXX” (Iridium GO!’s Wi-Fi name)
- Enter the default WIFI password, which is: password
- Your smart device is now connected to the Iridium GO! exec Wi-Fi.
- IMPORTANT: To minimize data usage, we recommend setting the mobile device's WIFI connection to:
iOS: Enable 'Low Data Mode'
Android: Enable 'Metered/Data Saver'
DOWNLOAD AND SET UP THE IRIDIUM MAIL APP
['Iridium Mail' app for the exec is not yet released as of May 2023. 'Iridium Mail & Web' app is NOT compatible with the exec device. OCENS OneMail can be used in the interim.]
Note: To set up the Iridium Mail app, you need to use high-speed internet (Wi-Fi/LTE)
- Go to the iOS/Android App Store and download the Iridium Mail app on your smart device.
- Go to https://www.iridium.com/mailandweb/ to register for your unique Iridium email.
Go to Iridium Mail App
- Log in with your registered Username and Password.
ENSURE ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO
Make a phone CALL on the Iridium GO! exec App.
Note: Use full international dialing sequence (00+ country code + phone number)
Send a message using one of your messaging apps (IE; Whatsapp, Messenger, etc)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Iridium GO! exec does not support native SMS messaging.
- Send/Receive emails to your new email@example.com email address on the Iridium Mail App.
PROVIDE YOUR IRIDIUM DETAILS TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Provide your friends and family with your Iridium +8816 number.
Note: All calls to this number would be considered as an international call and will be billed to the caller accordingly at their long-distance rate by their telephone service provider. Note that calls from a mobile number to a satellite number can be very expensive. Use a landline or Iridium two-stage dialing instead when calling from a mobile number.
Note: If you expect incoming calls from the United States, consider registering for a +1 number that will allow friends and family in the U.S. to call your satellite phone number at domestic rates. For more information on how to obtain a +1 number, contact your Service Provider.
- Provide your friends and family with your Iridium email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOTE: The Iridium free messaging webpage: https://messaging.iridium.com/, does not currently support sending messages to the Iridium GO! exec as it's an SMS based service which the exec does not currently support. This might be changed in the future.